Our Piano Party on Sunday was a rousing success! Now that we’ve had a few of these informal performance gatherings, many students came knowing exactly what was going to happen and gave some wonderful support to those students who were new to our get-together. Highlights included:
- Songs from “Phineas and Ferb” and “Home Alone”
- A son-and-mother duet
- Some sneaky “what did I change?” tricks involving the damper pedal and repeated notes
- Playing a song from memory
- A few renditions of a classic Beethoven tune
- Students composing their own songs after the performances were done
After the playing was done, we all had snacks and spent time socializing as a group. Piano can be such a lonely instrument to practice; I’m so glad we had this chance to get together and celebrate how much fun it is to play for others!